S, I cannot believe that you fast forward through that! It's the one TV series intro I never get sick of because it's different every week (you've noticed that, right?) and because the music is so great.
I love the clips of the destruction of Caprica, the swearing in of Roslin, and the surviving humans fleeing from the Cylons. It gives me goosebumps every time.
Here are two pictures that I think demonstrate how the BSG writers try to draw their audience in by subtly tapping into our underlying consciousness of world events. The first is of the swearing in of Lyndon B. Johnson after the assassination of John F. Kennedy. The second is the swearing in of Laura Roslin after the destruction of the twelve colonies. That scene is so poignant that you just couldn't "make this stuff up". The show's writers deliberately scripted it this way. Similarly, the memorial hallway on Galactica recalls the photo memorials put up by family and friends of lost ones in the days following 9/11. And of course, I probably don't have to remind any South Africans BSG viewers about the references to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.


Ooh, now that we have broadband I'm dying to listen in on the podcasts of the writer's meetings that are posted on the official website.
No comments:
Post a Comment