Sunday, March 2, 2008

Last Sunday in Cambridge

And I took these pictures.


This one is from just outside of Borders, which is the bookshop Sameer likes best in town. It goes right across the block to the next street, has about three different entrances and three separate floors (or is it four?) and has a large Starbucks inside. Personally, I prefer Heffers with it's dark furniture, dim lighting, and Cafe Nero.


People come here to play Scrabble and Chess. Just before I took this picture, there were three teenagers sitting at the table, drinking iced coffee from Starbucks, giggling and playing Scrabble.


This is a shot of the same area where the Scrabble and chess tables are but from the other side of the stairwell. I like the rows and rows of books and the high windows.



This is from the kids section which is HUGE. There's a whole storytelling area and everything. This is a pillar that's covered in book reviews written by kids. Most of them were between the ages of 6 and 12.


Sameer likes to come in here to buy grande lattes and to read comic books that he can't afford to buy. ;)

No comments: