
Across the grass
He'll merrily pass,
And change all its greenness to white;
Then home he will go,
And laugh, "Ho-ho-ho!
What fun I have had in the night!"
Noticed that there was frost on the grass as I scurried off to breakfast this morning and decided to come back for a closer look. Frost makes the grass look grey and dull when you look at it at first. But when the light catches it, you can see the sun glinting off the crystals on blades of grass. It is beautiful.
By the time I managed to get back with my camera most of it had already thawed. But I spotted a patch that hadn't yet warmed sufficiently, interestingly because it was in the shadow of the pillar that holds up the main gate at Wolfson. Got down on my knees, face to the grass, and managed to get this shot. (Someone walked by and politely passed around me, probably thinking I was a bit daft.) It's not great but if you enlarge it (click it) and look properly, you can see all the lovely, frosty flakes on each blade of grass. It's beautiful. I could have knelt there until it melted, except for the crick in my back.
So I suppose I could leave it there because the only other thing I did today was answer email and chat to friends. Oh, I did look over Celiwe's literature review so that at least was one constructive thing. Kudos to myself. ;)
Oh wait, nearly forgot! I met Naseema's friend Ihsan very briefly. Alas, Intrepid Hubby was not comfortable meeting total strangers from the internet (fancy that Rabia) and managed to cut our visit short. But he was very warm and friendly, and really interesting and I do hope we get to meet up again.
On a final note, here's a picture of a little statue I stumbled upon today. I don't know what it is or where it's from but it was standing underneath a little bush in a dark corner off one of the squares I was walking through on my way to the Lee Library, and I thought I'd take a picture of it. It really is quite beautiful.
1 comment:
Hey,howzit!
The statue looks like something Indie brought back from the Temple of Doom :)
Slms to Sameer & Lamiese & Hooman.
Post a Comment