So, I think it's still early enough for me to be posting some New Year's thoughts. Let's see.
1. Even if you're covered in itchy spots, all the mosquitos in Observatory will try to feast on you in the early hours of New Year.
2. Even though you're going on 28, if you're living with your parents, they will call you at 3am to find out where you are and what you're doing on New Year's.
3. You may find your parents mysteriously examining the lawn at 3:30am when you arrive home from your New Year's eve gathering.
4. Your husband will simply refuse to accompany you to New Year's day sunrise, using the argument "But you can go without me. I *want* you to go".
5. Your friends will still think it's unreasonable to take a nap between midnight and sunrise on New Year's even though they know that your are mid-morning person. Laragh peeps will know that I only function efficiently after 11am. Everyone else should know that I'm likely to fall asleep standing up after 11pm.
6. There may be a lot less people around next year to appreciate my bad jokes. Given the circumstances last night, I thought "Who let the cat in?" was a perfectly valid comment.
And that's as far as I got with New Year's thoughts, as I (predictably) fell asleep early on. But hopefully, will still get to see sunrise. *fingers crossed*
Otherwise, I am up to the following:
a) Watching re-runs of selected Battlestar Galactica episodes. Ohmygod this show rocks!
b) Listening to the Battlestar Galactica Season 3 original soundtrack. Bear McCreary gets better and better all the time. Personal favourites thusfar is Storming New Caprica. That made me want to go back and watch that episode again. (And did I mention that this episode rocks?)
c) Reading The Running Man by Stephen King, written under the alias Richard Bachman. It is awesome! It's been a very long time since I've been so nervous that I had to skip forward a few pages just to make sure the main character didn't get splattered too bad.
d) Playing cooperative Gears of War on hardcore level with the hubby, this time as Dominic Santiago. Forgot how hard it was. Grrr! Hate those damn lambent wretches! Hoping to move onto a new game after this or possibly go back to playing Oblivion.
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was always my argument with my parents when I was living with them - I'd say: What're you gonna do one day when I'm not living here anymore? You won't know where I am or what time I'm coming home. You should start practicing for that time now. (he he)
We have yet to watch the Razor episode of BSG... I thought perhaps it might be better to watch it once we have season 4, as it's probably gonna end on a cliffhanger. Does it? Or is it worth the suspense?
GoW was fun btw - we might possibly get it after our move :D
No. There's no real cliffhanger. Most of it actually happens in a flashback so it covers some incidents from the middle of season 2 but also mentions things that happen in season 3. I don't think it adds anything to season 4 except more suspense. :)
Post a Comment