Wednesday, December 12, 2007
US visas approved
At about 9:30 this morning, the DHL people came to deliver our passports. Sameer received them and found our passports inside. His first comment was "You look like you're on drugs in this picture." It's true. I do look like a bit of a druggy in the picture. It's all Ferzana's fault. I was trying to smile with my eyes. :P Anyway, my visa is valid until the middle of June but apparently we are allowed to stay on for an additional 60 days after that. Sameer's visa only expires some time in 2010! I thought that was kind of odd but anyway. So yay. Two down, one more to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats! I'm glad that the nuclear work experience was ok'ed :)
I heard a rumor that the US is quite desperate to get safricans into the US, and hence regards our visa applications favorably. Apparently, the same applies for ozzie.
So...where's the pic?
The drugged out looking pic that's now in my passport? I'll scan it and post it up here soon as I get a chance. :P It's really horrible! Sameer looks so normal in his. I actually think that none of the pics in my passport look much like me. :P Obviously the features are the same but my hair is either too wild or too oily, my expression is either too happy or too vacant. I don't look normal in any of them!
But that all depends on how you define "normal"!
Due to my reputation of making a spectacle of myself in photos - my eyes are shut, or I'm wide-eyed, or I'm falling, grimacing, straining, holding my hands up etc - the significant other decided to hold the camera in front of my face until I'm smiling. This, of course, aggravates the entire photo-taking-process.
I feel re-assured that my kids will look at our photos one day, roll their eyes, and think "geesh!".
I was awestruck at the style in Ethne's wedding photos. Her photos are natural, beautiful, and confident. *sigh*
oh c'mon, you cant possibly blame me for your continuous spaced out look...
Maybe you should lay off the crack or perhaps you should consider cutting down on the homemade - tik plus jik combos youre so fond of...
look, as your relationship manager, theres only so much i can do...
i am but a mere mortal
Post a Comment