Ugh... The less said the better. Let's just say, these American toilets are finicky and Sameer was never cut out to be a plumber. But kudos to him, he did a fantastic job. Unfortunately, after doing most of the dirty work, wifey got left with the remaining dirty work ie the cleanup.
*shudder*
Moving on swiftly.
We found an informal market on the other end of Clinton Street and it was the weirdest thing. Like being at the fleamarket at Muizenberg on a Sunday except with everyone speaking Spanish and eating burritos instead of gatsbies. We want to go back next week so hopefully I'll get to take some pictures to show you guys.
We entered the Wicked draw at Borders again today but we didn't win. Again, both partners in three different pairs got drawn, only this time, they took both sets of tickets.
And on the way home we spotted this - pigeons warming themselves around the eternal flame at an armed services memorial in town. It was like a fireside gathering for birds I tell you.
4 comments:
Hey, completely OT but I've just started watching Angel and I thought I'd come to the expert for a question I have. I can't seem to pick this up anywhere...
Are Angel or Buffy still airing?
I'm kinda loving Angel and wonder where I can get the other seasons... my local video only carries season 1
I know I'm kinda late LOL in catching on to what great show these were/are?
Hey Ayesha, glad to see you've joined the Whedonverse! Welcome and enjoy! I'm actually jealous of the fact that you get to experience Angel in all it's glory for the very first time. :) TV doesn't come any better than this. Seriously...
Unfortunately, Buffy and Angel have both completed their runs. There are seven seasons of Buffy (2 and 3 were the best, also 5 was pretty good too) and Angel had five seasons. The best seasons of Angel in my opinion were 2 and 3 as well though season 5 had a lot of really good episodes too.
If you've never watched Buffy, I recommend you watch Buffy seasons 1 to 3 to get all the Angel backstory and then watch Buffy season 4 concurrent with season 1 of Angel, and continue season for season after that because that follows the correct timeline and there are a couple of crossover episodes between the two shows.
I preferred Angel on the whole but that was probably because I started watching Angel before I ever got to Buffy, also I followed Angel beginning to end but only started watching Buffy in season 4 and then had to watch backwards and forwards. But they are both great shows with loveable characters, great plotlines, emotive story arcs and fun action. Also, funny much? :)
As for the other seasons of Angel, I'm guessing you wouldn't easily find all five seasons in any video shop coz it's not really mainstream. Best bet is to find another fan (we usually end up buying boxed sets for keeps!) or buy it from Amazon. Right now it's going cheap - $65 for all five seasons! I'm actually going to buy myself a set in the next couple days so if you don't end up getting your hands on them, never fear, I will happily lend you my copies when I get to Jozi. But for your sake I hope you don't have to wait that long. ;)
Oh, and a word of advice. Whatever you do, DO NOT read up about anything Buffy or Angel related online or ask people who've watched it about any of the characters/plotlines! There are some shocking twists through each series and you will find it much more gratifying if you aren't spoiled for anything. Trust me, I used to be a spoiler-whore and after I got spoiled for one particular episode of Angel, I went cold turkey on the whole thing.
Hey, that great! I will definitely be borrowing it ;)
Do you have the theme music by Darling Violetta? My work firewall blocks me from accessing YouTube and most of the download sites *grr*
I don't know where I'm going to get any of the Buffy seasons. I was looking at pix of the cast of Buffy and I thought that Riley looked a lot like Angel or is it just my imagination?
I popped in to my video store and they have season 2 of Angel so I booked it for this afternoon. Watched the last disc of S1 last night.
*sniggers at spoiler-whore comment* I'm the same! I've bookmarked the Buffy and Angel episode summaries on TV.com LOL not that they tell you much, just basic outlines.
Yes, I've got the Darling Violetta theme. Love the cello-rock thing. :) And I'm pretty sure I also have some of the promos from back then. You know, ads that the studio released for the show, which were quite funny. You are so going to laugh your ass off for that first episode of season two. Heh-heh! There's a new character that comes in and there's always hijinks around him.
Well, as you say, the TV.com episode summaries aren't too detailed so I guess they don't give away too much. But don't read ahead - that'll eventually give away plot points. It's so much more fun to be stunned silly when drama happens. ;)
Post a Comment